- Business Judgement Rule Does Not Protect Unreasonable Board Decisions
- Call of Duty
What is fiduciary duty? A board member’s obligation to always do what’s best for the association
- Clarifying Misconceptions About the Manager’s Role
- Common Management Provisions
Who is responsible for what? How should matters be? Items to consider before their consideration becomes a problem.
- Draft New Managers With Flexibility, Freedom
Innovation, Technology Key to Retention
- Governance Questions and Answers
The governance of a community association affects the elected volunteer leaders who are engaged in the actual governance of the association and the homeowners or renters who live in the association. Association boards make decisions on a wide variety of issues ranging from when meetings are scheduled-to how the association will collect past due assessments-to whether the association will establish a reserve account.
Here you will find a list of commonly asked questions that we routinely receive from community association volunteers and homeowners. Many of these questions are governed by the law of your state and the answers should not be supplemented for obtaining the advice of a lawyer who practices community association law in your state. Other questions will be governed by federal law or the governing documents of your association.
- Management’s Thoughts on Emergencies…
We hope all Board Members will give serious consideration to these thoughts to develop a plan to protect their community as best they can.
- Manager Overload
- Meeting Myth-Understandings
- Reserve Study Standards
- The Road Ahead – Realize Your Vision for the Future
- Welcome to the Board!